1/3 Photos of Vegetable Barley Salad
Lori Mama's Note:
This is adapted from the monthly Sobeys Our Compliments magazine. I did make a couple of changes to suit our palates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups pearl barley
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeds removed and cut into medium dice
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1In a large pot, bring stock to a boil.
- 2add barley and cook on medium heat 40 minutes.
- 3Drain and rinse until cool.
- 4In a large bowl place all the vegetables, mix in the vinaigrette along with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Combine with the barley.
- 6Salad can be prepared up to this point and stored, covered in fridge for 2 days.
- 7Sprinkle with toasted nuts just before serving.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Barley Salad
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 403.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: