- 3 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups pearl barley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute the peppers, mushrooms, and onions in butter until tender.
- Transfer to a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Stir in the broth, barley, and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 50 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed.