Recipe by Miss Annie
This Vegetable Bake is delicious eaten hot, warm or cold. It is a great picnic dish too, because you can serve it cold. It is good served with a colorful tomato salad.
Top Review by love4culinary
This was a reallllllllly good veggie bake, and believe what it says..its good hot, cold, warm, ..any way :-) I think I might try to add some chopped yellow onion to it next time just for a little more umpf..and maybe a little less green pepper..as the one i used was hugeeeee.. hehe..and maybe some salt. I also used Whole grain bread instead of whole wheat because thats all i had, but it was wonderful! Thanks for a great recipe..... had to go to 3 stores to get a darn leek LOL :-) Your recipes are great miss annie.. I enjoy them so much!
- 2 zucchini, shredded
- 1 large potato, grated
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, crumbed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
- freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place zucchini, potato, green pepper, celery, leek, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs and dill weed in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased baking dish and bake at 400ºF, 200ºC for 45- 50 minutes or until firm.