Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This Vegetable Bake is delicious eaten hot, warm or cold. It is a great picnic dish too, because you can serve it cold. It is good served with a colorful tomato salad.
- 2 zucchini, shredded
- 1 large potato, grated
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, crumbed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place zucchini, potato, green pepper, celery, leek, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs and dill weed in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased baking dish and bake at 400ºF, 200ºC for 45- 50 minutes or until firm.
This was a reallllllllly good veggie bake, and believe what it says..its good hot, cold, warm, ..any way :-) I think I might try to add some chopped yellow onion to it next time just for a little more umpf..and maybe a little less green pepper..as the one i used was hugeeeee.. hehe..and maybe some salt. I also used Whole grain bread instead of whole wheat because thats all i had, but it was wonderful! Thanks for a great recipe..... had to go to 3 stores to get a darn leek LOL :-) Your recipes are great miss annie.. I enjoy them so much!
Sorry, but I didn't really care for this like I thought I would. Mine needed some salt and maybe would've benefited from more cheese. don't know, but it was missing something for me. I'm the only one that will eat it and I've had 3 servings and barely halfway through it. Worth a try, but I don't think I will make it again. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Really lovely receipe. I used goats cheese and it was excellent. Always a good sign when someone asks for the recipe. Thanks