1 hr 30 mins
This is a favorite of mine every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was always a sure fire way to get me to eat more veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (Can use regular mustard)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, Grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, Chopped
- 1Slice carrots diagonally (Circles on an angle) ¼ inch thick.
- 2Cut off broccoli stems and peel the steams smooth.
- 3Cut the stems into thick circles, slice large broccoli flowerettes in half lengthwise through steams.
- 4Break cauliflower into flowerettes – cut large ones lengthwise through steams.
- 5Arrange Carrots, broccoli steams and cauliflowerettes in a steamer and steam over boiling water for 9 minutes or until tender.
- 6For Sauce: Melt butter in a pan over medium heat, stir in flour and blend until smooth.
- 7Gradually add in the milk.
- 8Cook – stirring constantly until smoothly thickened.
- 9Stir in Mustard, Salt, Pepper, Cheese, and parsley.
- 10Pour half the sauce into a 3 Quart casserole dish.
- 11Add cooked vegetables; mix gently then top with remaining sauce and gently mix again.
- 12Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- 13Topping: For topping combine all ingredients except parsley.
- 14Before baking – Sprinkle with topping and bake covered at 325º F for approximately 1 hour or until hot and bubbly in the center.
- 15Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Bake
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 754.8
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.7 mg
- Sodium 1285.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 32.5 g