Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
It is simple and delicious. It carries and travels well to picnics or other social events.
- 1 (15 ounce) can Veg-All, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery soup
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use sharp cheddar cheese)
- 4 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 20 Ritz crackers, crushed (any kind of snack cracker will do.)
- Mix together all ingredients, except margarine and crackers.
- Put into a 2 quart casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes, at 300°F.
- Melt margarine.
- Mix crackers crumbs with margarine.
- Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
Made this up last night and I really loved it. I did sub cream of mushroom soup for the cream of celery, because DH doesn't care for cream of celery soup. I will be making this again, but by request from the family, I will have to leave out the water chestnuts, personally, I loved them.