Recipe by Barb in WNY
Copied from a barbecue cookbook from the library. The preparation time includes the marinating time.
- 2 summer squash, about 3/4 lb
- 2 zucchini, about 3/4 lb
- 4 medium onions
- 4 large sweet red peppers
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider or 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced6-8 slices bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash squash and zucchini and cut in 1-inch slices.
- Peel onions and cut in 12 squares each.
- Place vegetables in a plastic bag.
- Mix oil, vinegar and herbs.
- Pour into bag; close bag tightly, and turn to coat vegetables well.
- Marinate at room temperature at least 2 hours.
- Thread vegetables on skewers, alternating types and placing a bacon piece vegetables at intervals.
- Grill 4 to 6 inches over hot coals 10 to 15 minutes, turning to cook evenly and brushing with marinade now and then.