Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice summer BBQ recipe. The prep time does not include marinating time.
- 2 summer squash
- 2 zucchini
- 4 medium onions
- 4 large sweet red peppers
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces
- Wash squash and zucchini and cut in 1-inch slices.
- Peel onions and cut into 4 wedges each.
- Seed and core peppers and cut unto 12 squares each.
- Place vegetables in a plastic bag.
- Mix oil, vinegar and herbs.
- Place into bag, close bag tightly and turn to coat vegetables well.
- Marinate at room temperature at least 2 hours.
- Thread vegetables on skewers, alternating types and placing a bacon piece between vegetables at intervals.
- Grill 4-6 inches over hot coals 10-15 minutes, turning to cook evenly and brushing with marinade now and then.