Recipe by Elly in Canada
A great way to use up an abundant zucchini crop, add some other vegetables and you have an easy to make appetizer. I usually serve this with sour cream and chives on the side.
- 3 cups zucchini, grated and well-drained
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Make sure your zucchini is well drained, I put it in a clean tea towel and squeeze it dry.
- Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, parmesan cheese, pepper sauce, parsley and vegetables. Set aside
- Combine dry ingredients and stir into liquid mixture.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Spread mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake about 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly, cut into tiny 1" squares, serve warm or cold, I prefer these at room temperature.