1/5 Photos of Vegetable Appetizer Squares
Elly in Canada's Note:
A great way to use up an abundant zucchini crop, add some other vegetables and you have an easy to make appetizer. I usually serve this with sour cream and chives on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups zucchini, grated and well-drained
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Make sure your zucchini is well drained, I put it in a clean tea towel and squeeze it dry.
- 3Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix eggs, parmesan cheese, pepper sauce, parsley and vegetables. Set aside
- 5Combine dry ingredients and stir into liquid mixture.
- 6Stir in melted butter.
- 7Spread mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- 8Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over top.
- 9Bake about 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Cool slightly, cut into tiny 1" squares, serve warm or cold, I prefer these at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Appetizer Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 26.6
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 37.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: