Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Absolutely delicious comfort food. Turkey isn't only for Thanksgiving!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 turkey thighs, boned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup water
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Heat oil in a pot. Add thighs which have been sprinkled with salt and pepper. Fry until skin is crisp on both sides.
- Add onion and garlic. Fry until softened a bit. Stir in basil, thyme, and water. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add carrots. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until done.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a platter.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into the liquid in the pot. Bring to a boil. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Pour over turkey and vegetables and serve.
Very good. My vegetables soaked up all of the water so I had to add one more cup, and I made a separate side of turkey gravy.