Vegetable and Turkey Pot Roast
- Heat oil in a pot. Add thighs which have been sprinkled with salt and pepper. Fry until skin is crisp on both sides.
- Add onion and garlic. Fry until softened a bit. Stir in basil, thyme, and water. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add carrots. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until done.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a platter.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into the liquid in the pot. Bring to a boil. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Pour over turkey and vegetables and serve.