Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Croquetas De Legumbres Y Trufa; Tapas by Penelope Casas
Make and share this Vegetable and Truffle Croquettes recipe from Food.com.
- 113.39 g fresh peas or 113.39 g frozen peas
- kosher salt or sea salt
- 12 green beans
- 2 small carrots, scraped and cut in halves lengthwise
- 88.74 ml olive oil
- 8 medium mushrooms, brushed clean
- 44.37 ml butter
- 177.44 ml flour
- 295.73 ml milk
- 118.29 ml strong chicken broth
- fresh ground pepper
- 14.79-29.58 ml drained finely chopped truffle
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten with 2 t. water)
- dried breadcrumbs, preferably mixed with Japanese-style panko crumbs
- mild olive oil, for frying
- Add peas to a small pot of salted water; bring to a boil; simmer until tender.
- In another pot of salted water, cook green beans and carrots until tender.
- Drain very well on paper towels; chop all vegetables finely.
- While the vegetables are cooking, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet until very hot; saute the mushrooms quickly over high heat for about 1 minute; chop finely.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter with the remaining 5 tablespoons oil.
- Stir in the flour; cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in the milk and broth gradually, continuing to stir.
- Season well with salt and pepper; stir constantly until the sauce is thickened and smooth and has reached a boil.
- Mix the sauce with all the vegetables (including the chopped truffles).
- Cool, then chill for several hours until the mixture is firm enough to handle (this may be sped up by spreading the mixture in a thin layer on a large plate).
- Form the croquettes into walnut-size balls, dip in the egg mixture, then coat with the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil at least ½ inch deep to about 365°; fry the croquettes quickly, turning once, until they are golden. (or, better, use a deep fryer).
- Serve immediately.