1 hr 30 mins
Croquetas De Legumbres Y Trufa; Tapas by Penelope Casas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb fresh peas or 1/4 lb frozen peas
- kosher salt or sea salt
- 12 green beans
- 2 small carrots, scraped and cut in halves lengthwise
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 medium mushrooms, brushed clean
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup strong chicken broth
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon drained finely chopped truffle
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten with 2 t. water)
- dried breadcrumbs, preferably mixed with Japanese-style panko crumbs
- mild olive oil, for frying
- 1Add peas to a small pot of salted water; bring to a boil; simmer until tender.
- 2In another pot of salted water, cook green beans and carrots until tender.
- 3Drain very well on paper towels; chop all vegetables finely.
- 4While the vegetables are cooking, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet until very hot; saute the mushrooms quickly over high heat for about 1 minute; chop finely.
- 5In a saucepan, melt the butter with the remaining 5 tablespoons oil.
- 6Stir in the flour; cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7Add in the milk and broth gradually, continuing to stir.
- 8Season well with salt and pepper; stir constantly until the sauce is thickened and smooth and has reached a boil.
- 9Mix the sauce with all the vegetables (including the chopped truffles).
- 10Cool, then chill for several hours until the mixture is firm enough to handle (this may be sped up by spreading the mixture in a thin layer on a large plate).
- 11Form the croquettes into walnut-size balls, dip in the egg mixture, then coat with the bread crumbs.
- 12Heat the oil at least ½ inch deep to about 365°; fry the croquettes quickly, turning once, until they are golden. (or, better, use a deep fryer).
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable and Truffle Croquettes
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.6
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 125.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: