Recipe by perthie
I had some roast chicken left in the fridge (you can use any chicken) so decided to whip up a pasta sauce with lots of yummy veg. As the chicken I used was cooked, just cook the chicken beforehand then go to instructions. Spinach can be added. Also good recipe for a cold with the chilli and garlic. Plus it's very quick to make. I have also put this sauce on a tortilla with lots of tasty cheese.. its quite good!
- 1 (500 g) can diced tomatoes with sweet onions
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- chili (amount depending on your taste)
- 1 medium carrot, sliced into strips
- 3⁄4 cup broccoli
- 3 sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 sliced red capsicum (pepper)
- mixed herbs, to add
- black pepper, to add
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 250 g fettuccine (well, enough for 2)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1 saucepan water to the boil. When that's done, add the fettuccine.
- While that's cooking on very high, heat oil in frying pan at medium heat. Add garlic and chilli for 1 minute.
- Add vegetables (carrot, capsicum, broccoli) and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken to warm it, and pour in canned tomatoes.
- Add tomato paste and any herbs/black pepper/salt you wish to add for taste. Stir and let it cook for a minute.
- Water may need to be added but it should thicken, allow to simmer.
- Add cooked pasta and allow to mix for a good minute.
- Serve and enjoy :).