1/3 Photos of Vegetable and Tofu Stir-Fry
Sydney Mike's Note:
For my vegetarian & tofu-loving friends, here's a recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens' Fresh and Simple Vegetable Dinners cookbook(let)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 6 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1Prepare rice according to package directions, then set aside, but keep warm.
- 2For sauce, in a small bowl stir together the broth, dry sherry, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, ginger & the optional red pepper (if desired), then set aside.
- 3Spray a cold wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray, then preheat over medium-high heat.
- 4Stir-fry carrots & garlic for 2 minutes.
- 5Add broccoli & stir-fry 3-4 minutes more, or until vegetables are crisp-tender, then push vegetables away from center of wok or skillet.
- 6Stir sauce, then add to center of wok or skillet, & cook, stirring, until thickened & bubbly.
- 7Add tofu & stir everything together to coat with sauce.
- 8Cook & stir for 1 minute more.
- 9To serve, spoon vegetable mixture over rice.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable and Tofu Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.6
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 176.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking brown rice