1 hr 5 mins
A version of an Indonesian salad. For spicier dressing, stir in sambal oelek or Sriracha.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, julienned
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 2 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) package water-packed extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1To prepare salad, place eggs in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a rolling boil; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 12 minutes. Remove eggs from pan with a slotted spoon (save water in pan); rinse with cold water. Peel eggs; cut in half.
- 2Return water to a boil. Add carrot, and cook for 1 minute. Remove carrot with a slotted spoon; rinse with cold water, drain and place in a bowl.
- 3Add the green beans to boiling water, and cook for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove green beans with a slotted spoon; rinse with cold water. Drain and place in a separate bowl.
- 4Arrange 2 egg halves, about 1/3 cup carrot, 1/3 cup green beans, 1/3 cup bean sprouts, 1/4 cup red bell pepper, and 1/2 cup cucumber on each of 4 plates. Set aside.
- 5To prepare tofu, cut lengthwise into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices. Place the tofu slices on several layers of paper towels. Cover tofu with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes.
- 6Cut each tofu slice crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick strips. Combine cornstarch, curry powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; gently toss with tofu to coat.
- 7Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add tofu to pan; cook for 10 minutes or until crisp and browned, turning to brown on all sides. Divide tofu evenly among plates.
- 8To prepare dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. (add more lime juice or water to thin it out to desired consistency).
- 9Serve each salad with about 3 tablespoons dressing.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable and Tofu Salad With Peanut Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.4
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 647.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste