Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I threw this soup together one night when I was not feeling well, and it hit the spot for me
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 Thai peppers, red, hot, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- Heat broth to simmering in sauce pan.
- Meanwhile chop all vegetables and add to the broth along with lemon juice and rice.
- Let simmer for approx 30 min or until vegetables are soft.
- Add salt to taste.
Yes this did hit the spot! We were both thoroughly satisfied with the serving size. DH looked at it and said where's the meat? But after two bites said I take that back it is a good five stars as is. I also liked Annacia's idea of adding a bit of kale or spinach. Thanks for the post.
Mmmmmm, broth soups are my favorite and this one is really good. I had some kale and added some to the soup, that worked very well for me. Made a big batch and bagged 10 to serving portions that are now in the freezer. Excellent soup, great taste and under 300 calories. :D