Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a variation of a recipe I already had, but includes only ingredients I already had in the kitchen one cold afternoon. Although the original was good, I think this came out much better.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 49 1⁄2 ounces chicken stock
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 5 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups of uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- Using a dutch oven, saute the onion and mushroom in oil. Add the broth, carrots, potatoes, basil, oregano, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add uncooked pasta. Cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the corn, tomatoes, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
Very nice tasting soup! I changed the recipe slightly ~ since I don't care for mushrooms very much, I left them out & I changed the chicken stock to vegetable stock! It turned out well ~ certainly something I'd make again! Many thanks for the posting!