Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious but simple soup.
- 1 large leek
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1⁄2 bunch chopped celery
- 1⁄2 Japanese pumpkin, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock
- 1 cup red lentil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Fry leeks and ginger off in oil until softened.
- Add spices and lentils and fry for a few minutes.
- Add celery, pumpkin and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for one hour.
- * Can be served with fresh coriander and a dollop of yoghurt if you like.