Recipe by kodi_inoz
Nearly a quiche, almost an omelette, this loaf/slice is great for picnics, lunchboxes and more. The tomato and onion garnish finishes it off nicely.
Top Review by Chez Desirée
Great omelette that was easy to prepare and had excellent flavour. I loved the zucchini in it especially and the rice acted as a great binder. This made a nice light dinner with a green salad with a simple dressing. I did not have any fresh mint so I used 2 tbsp of dried, but did use fresh dill. Oh, and this was delicous the next day too!
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 3 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 150 g feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- sliced red onion, to serve
- tomatoes, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Grease a loaf pan or slice tray.
- Cook rice in boiling, salted water until tender, about 8 minutes, drain.
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in saucepan, add leek and cook over low heat for 7-8 minutes or until softened. Add zucchini and garlic and cook a further 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add rice, mint, dill, eggs and feta. Season, mix, then pour into baking dish.
- The loaf tin should bake for 30 minutes or until golden and set. A slice tray would take less time, but I've not tried that!
- Toss onion and tomato in remaining olive oil.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature (my favourite) with a helping of the onion/tomato mix and a green salad.