Nearly a quiche, almost an omelette, this loaf/slice is great for picnics, lunchboxes and more. The tomato and onion garnish finishes it off nicely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180.
- 2Grease a loaf pan or slice tray.
- 3Cook rice in boiling, salted water until tender, about 8 minutes, drain.
- 4Heat 2 tbs olive oil in saucepan, add leek and cook over low heat for 7-8 minutes or until softened. Add zucchini and garlic and cook a further 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- 5Add rice, mint, dill, eggs and feta. Season, mix, then pour into baking dish.
- 6The loaf tin should bake for 30 minutes or until golden and set. A slice tray would take less time, but I've not tried that!
- 7Toss onion and tomato in remaining olive oil.
- 8Serve hot, cold or at room temperature (my favourite) with a helping of the onion/tomato mix and a green salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable and Herb Baked Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.1
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 304.2 mg
- Sodium 393.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 14.5 g