Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nearly a quiche, almost an omelette, this loaf/slice is great for picnics, lunchboxes and more. The tomato and onion garnish finishes it off nicely.
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Grease a loaf pan or slice tray.
- Cook rice in boiling, salted water until tender, about 8 minutes, drain.
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in saucepan, add leek and cook over low heat for 7-8 minutes or until softened. Add zucchini and garlic and cook a further 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add rice, mint, dill, eggs and feta. Season, mix, then pour into baking dish.
- The loaf tin should bake for 30 minutes or until golden and set. A slice tray would take less time, but I've not tried that!
- Toss onion and tomato in remaining olive oil.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature (my favourite) with a helping of the onion/tomato mix and a green salad.
Great omelette that was easy to prepare and had excellent flavour. I loved the zucchini in it especially and the rice acted as a great binder. This made a nice light dinner with a green salad with a simple dressing. I did not have any fresh mint so I used 2 tbsp of dried, but did use fresh dill. Oh, and this was delicous the next day too!