Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delightful, rather sweet curry that everyone seems to really love. It is vegan-friendly, but adding leftover shrimp works nicely, too. I've even used leftover turkey after Thanksgiving, and topped it with cranberry chutney! For a hotter curry, use cayenne instead of black pepper.
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml parsley, chopped
- 1 large granny smith apple, chopped
- 118.29 ml frozen baby green pea
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml vegetable broth
- 236.59 ml coconut milk
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- curry powder
- salt and black pepper
- 236.59 ml green seedless grape, halved
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet. Saute' first six ingredients until tender.
- Add peas, broth, and coconut milk, reserving a bit of the broth to mix with the cornstarch; add to low-simmering vegetables and stir until medium-thick.
- Add curry powder, salt, pepper, and grapes. Simmer another two or three minutes.
- Serve over basmati rice, and provide bowls of optional toppings: shaved coconut, grated sharp cheese, chopped cashews or peanuts, chopped green onions, chutney.