Recipe by Cook1572
A great healthy recipe which works as a winter warmer but also in the summer months. Any variation of vegetables can be used which gives the dish an original taste every time. (All measurements are just suggested amounts, use however much you need to fill your pot)
- 4 chopped carrots
- 4 diced potatoes
- 300 g broad beans
- 3 chopped zucchini
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- lettuce leaf
- 4 slices bacon
- mixed herbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the bottom of a dutch oven with lettuce.
- Prepare raw vegetables and add them to the pot making sure that they are well mixed.
- Season vegetables with a liberal amount of salt,pepper and mixed herbs, mixing them once more to ensure that the seasoning is spread throughout.
- Place rashers of bacon across the top of the vegetables. (If you don't have enough bacon to cover the top of your pot then more can be used, I have calculated for 1 rasher per person but you may prefer more).
- Cook in oven at 200C for 45-50 minutes.