1 hr 5 mins
A great healthy recipe which works as a winter warmer but also in the summer months. Any variation of vegetables can be used which gives the dish an original taste every time. (All measurements are just suggested amounts, use however much you need to fill your pot)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line the bottom of a dutch oven with lettuce.
- 2Prepare raw vegetables and add them to the pot making sure that they are well mixed.
- 3Season vegetables with a liberal amount of salt,pepper and mixed herbs, mixing them once more to ensure that the seasoning is spread throughout.
- 4Place rashers of bacon across the top of the vegetables. (If you don't have enough bacon to cover the top of your pot then more can be used, I have calculated for 1 rasher per person but you may prefer more).
- 5Cook in oven at 200C for 45-50 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable and Bacon Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 600.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 14.5 g