Recipe by Juliet from SA
This is one of those recipes ou can make from the pantry with next to nothing. Easy! You can use any sort of cream tinned soup. Mum used to do it with a tin of cut asparagus too instead of the frozen veg. Obviously this is not Haute cuisine, but if you want something quick and filling with limited resources, this is it!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I had some leftover veggies that I wanted to do something different with them and remembered this recipe.Since the leftover veggies included broccoli,a can of broccoli cheese soup was used instead of the Cream of Asparagus.And for the pasta,mini penne was used.My SO and I both thought it was a very good side dish. So good in fact, that it will be made again. Thanks for posting and " Keep Smiling :) "
- 250 g pasta (my mum always used the three coloured stuff)
- 1 (440 g) can cream of asparagus soup
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 1 -2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 180 celcius.
- Cook pasta with frozen veg in big pot of boiling water.
- Drain pasta & veg, and return to pot.
- Mix in can of soup, and transfer to casserole/baking dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for 10-15 min (until it looks good enough to eat!).