Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of those recipes ou can make from the pantry with next to nothing. Easy! You can use any sort of cream tinned soup. Mum used to do it with a tin of cut asparagus too instead of the frozen veg. Obviously this is not Haute cuisine, but if you want something quick and filling with limited resources, this is it!
- 250 g pasta (my mum always used the three coloured stuff)
- 1 (440 g) can cream of asparagus soup
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 1 -2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- Pre-heat oven to 180 celcius.
- Cook pasta with frozen veg in big pot of boiling water.
- Drain pasta & veg, and return to pot.
- Mix in can of soup, and transfer to casserole/baking dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for 10-15 min (until it looks good enough to eat!).
I had some leftover veggies that I wanted to do something different with them and remembered this recipe.Since the leftover veggies included broccoli,a can of broccoli cheese soup was used instead of the Cream of Asparagus.And for the pasta,mini penne was used.My SO and I both thought it was a very good side dish. So good in fact, that it will be made again. Thanks for posting and " Keep Smiling :) "
Ha ha, good, and simple! my daughters were going out, so this was a fast and warming supper to throw together quickly! I sauteed an onion and some zucchini to add to the unbaked casserole, simply because we like onion and the zucchini needed to be used. I used the rest of a bag of multi-coloured shells, which wasn't quite enough, so I topped it up with some wholewheat fusilli. I used frozen peas and corn, and a tin of mushroom soup. I took Juliets mums advice about the breadcubes! I usually make my pasta casseroles more creamy, and so another time might add some cream or milk to the casserole, but actually, this was really very good as is, so why add the extra calories! Thanks Juliet, made for PAC Spring 2009
Very good. I took the hint of the bread cubes on top then cheese...everyone liked it!