Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yes, another from my new Vegemite Cook Book, which I’ve adapted to my taste buds. Don't freak out about the Vegemite, which has gotten a bad rap in some circles. ;)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons vegemite
- 8 ounces taco sauce (suited to your heat preference)
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 12 taco shells
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- Heat a bit of oil in skillet and cook onion for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add beef and cook until well browned.
- Add Vegemite, taco sauce and bell pepper, and cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Fill heated taco shells with meat mixture and top with tomato, lettuce, cheese and sour cream.