Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
An alternative to ground beef meatloaf.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped (2 stalks)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 eggs or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 (20 ounce) cans veggie burgers
- 1 cup salted pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup salted cashews, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Sauté onion, celery, and garlic in margarine until tender.
- In a large bowl, add the sautéed vegetables and the rest of the ingredients; blend well.
- Pour into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 60 minutes removing foil for the last 10 minutes.
- Serve with brown gravy.