Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've made variations on this recipe for years, but last night's version came out really well, so I decided I should save it. This is vegetarian and low carb. If you're not trying to be low carb, noodles are a great addition.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, fresh grated
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 8 ounces frozen Italian cut green beans
- 16 ounces firm tofu, cut in small cubes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- hot sauce
- Heat oil in large pot.
- Add chopped onions and cook until they start to brown.
- Add garlic and ginger, stir and cook a couple more minutes.
- Add mushrooms and celery, stir and cook a couple more minutes.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, 6 cups water and green beans.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 5 min or until green beans are cooked through.
- Add tofu.
- Beat eggs and then pour as a thin stream into the soup.
- Add hot sauce to taste.
- Add more soy sauce or rice vinegar to taste.