I saw Adam make this on The Next Food Network Star Season 4 and wanted to try it so badly! I found the recipe on The Food Network website. I'm not sure how to separate each section of ingredients. The top section (from the butter to chopped parsley) is for the mac and cheese itself. The 1 cup parsley leaves through lobsters is for the grilled lobster and the bread crumbs through the Italian Romano cheese is for the bread crumb topping. I haven't tried this yet myself and have listed the steps in the same order as Adam Gertler, but I will gladly work on the procedure if I, or a reviewer, finds a better order to list the directions for the grilled lobster and bread crumb topping. I am also listing the prep and cook times from The Food Network and will revise if needed. There is 1 hour of inactive prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces salted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely minced fresh onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely minced fresh garlic
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- kosher salt, for pasta water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/2 lb processed cheese, singles diced
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, plus about
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, for topping
- 2 ounces italian Fontina cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces fresh grated italian parmigiano
- 2 lbs dry elbow macaroni
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more
- olive oil, for brushing grill
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) lobsters (live)
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh grated italian romano cheese
- 1Over low heat, in a heavy 6qt saucepan, melt butter.
- 2Add onions and garlic.
- 3Sweat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add flour, stir to combine.
- 5Add paprika, turmeric, salt, dry mustard, and hot sauce.
- 6Stir until combined well and uniform in color.
- 7Using a whisk, slowly incorporate heavy cream.
- 8Increase heat to medium.
- 9Add cheeses and stir until melted. (Do not bring to a boil or allow temperature to rise above 140°F.).
- 10In a 12-quart pot, bring 2 gallons of water heavily salted (about 1/2 cup) to a boil.
- 11Add macaroni and boil about 6 minutes, or until al dente.
- 12Drain and rinse with ice-cold water to cool.
- 13About 10 minutes before mac and cheese is to be served, warm cheese in a very large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Stir constantly with a heat-resistant spatula.
- 14Once cheese has come to a simmer, add pasta and lobster meat (directions for lobster below).
- 15Return to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- 16Pour into a casserole dish about 6 quarts in size. (or 8 individual serving casserole dishes).
- 17Sprinkle generously with cheese and breadcrumb mixture (directions below), smooth into even layer. Be sure the breadcrumbs are loose, not packed.
- 18Place under broiler and heat until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- 19Serve immediately.
- 20Grilled Lobster:.
- 21In a food processor, combine parlsey, garlic, oil, and salt. Split lobsters in half from the head toward the tail. Remove the claws and cook in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- 22Remove the claw meat and knuckle meat.
- 23Marinate the claws, knuckles, and tail meat (leave tail meat in shell) in parsley, garlic, oil, and salt mixture for 20-30 minutes.
- 24Oil a grill well. Grill lobster tail, meat side down, claw, and knuckle meat until slightly charred.
- 25Chop lobster meat into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 26Bread Crumbs:.
- 27In a medium bowl, mix bread crumbs, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and Romano cheese.
- 28Set aside.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegas Style Mac 'n' Cheese With Grilled Lobster
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1805.7
- Calories from Fat 970
- Total Fat 107.8 g
- Saturated Fat 60.6 g
- Cholesterol 472.6 mg
- Sodium 3213.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 88.7 g