Recipe by VeganGrbicGirl
Re-worked & Veganized old blueberry muffin recipe, my husband loves them!!! Great for breakfasts!!!
Top Review by betty-freakin-crocker
These are fantastic muffins. My other half loves these, we finished off the whole batch in one breakfast! Just be sure to keep an eye on the strawberries; only use the firmest of yours to ensure as little extra moisture as possible. Also, to cut down on fat, use applesauce instead of the oil (it's a 1-to-1 ratio) and use egg substitute for the egg to eliminate cholesterol. Thanks, grb!
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute, powder (Bob's Red Mill kind is best)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (cut so small a toddler could eat them)
- ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat soy milk, lemon juice, applesauce, water and egg replacer until well mixed, set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well-mixed.
- Mix the two bowls together until moist.
- Add Strawberries and mix well.
- Divide batter even in muffin sheet.
- Add Ground CInnamon to tops of the muffins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool down and enjoy or cover with tin foil and serve later.