Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is extremely moist and delicious - add chocolate chips or walnuts if you wish!
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh zucchini, grated peeled
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed well
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine zucchini, bananas, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir well or beat with electric mixer if you want to be fancy.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips or walnuts.
- Add wet mixture to dry, mix well and add chocolate chips or walnuts.
- Pour into lightly greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, until toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool upright 15 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes before tasting.
This works out great as muffins, just reduce the bake time. Yum!
I made the recipe exactly but used loaf pans instead. The cake was extremely moist and very easy to put together. Everyone in the office loved it and didn't know it was vegan. Will definitely make again
Amazing is an understatement! I always change a recipe a bit! I only had one zucchini, which was about 2 cups, so I added shredded apple to make up the difference. I cut the oil to 1/2 cup and subbed applesauce for the other 1/2 c. I used 2 cups regular and 1 cup whole wheat flour, and cut the sugar to 3/4 cup (which was PLENTY sweet) I totally forgot the salt! It seemed a bit dry to me as I was mixing (maybe because I subbed applesauce for the oil?) so I had to add a few splashes of soy milk. I did add about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and baked it in a rectangular glass pan for 30 minutes.... oh and no way we could wait 30 min for it to cool before testing... :)