Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a recipe my friend gave me. Very moist and delicious.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325°F Spray two 9x5 inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, ground flax seed, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl until blended; set aside.
- Whisk together the applesauce, white sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Fold in the flour mixture and shredded zucchini until moistened. Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.