Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Low calorie, thick and delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced onions
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 6 cups chopped zucchini (3-4 medium zucchini)
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons umeboshi or 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large pot, layer the onions, oats, and zucchini. Cover with the water and bring to a boil. Add the salt, dried basil, and black pepper.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the zucchini mixture with the tahini, vinegar, and lemon juice until well blended.
- Add a splash of vinegar to the soup before serving, to perk up the flavors.