Recipe by quantumshanti
You could use an egg if you wanted to. Tasty bannock bread, not as sweet as zucchini bread. Traditional Cree bannock often uses 1/2 cup of raisins, which would work nicely here too added to the dry mix.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 lemon
- 4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree zucchini with 1/4 cup of water and juice of 1/4 lemon to make about 2.5 cups.
- Mix dry and wet separately, mix dough, at some point you have to use your hands. Add water if it is too stiff.
- Oil the pan, and split dough in half.
- Roll each half long enough to go around the bundt pan, and then oil each of these.
- Press the first one into the ring and fit together, then press the second oiled dough coil on top and press together. Push both down.
- Bake at 350°F for a long time in a bundt cake pan. 40 minutes or until top is golden and crusted.