Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this the other day and really enjoyed this recipe. It's Vegan but if you want to use eggs instead of tofu it will work out fine. I used coconut oil in this because it not only lends a really nice flavour to the latkes but it can handle high heat.
- 4 cups zucchini (grated)
- 1 medium potato (grated)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup firm tofu (equal to 3 eggs)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or more if you like)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (or other light oil)
- Mix the zucchini, potato and onion together.
- Blend the tofu until smooth and add to the zucchini mixture.
- In another bowl mix the flour, bread crumbs, pepper, garlic powder and salt. Combine it into the zucchini tofu mixture.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet and add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Form into pancake type of patties and drop into the hot oil. Fry on one side then the other until golden brown.
- Add more oil to the pan as needed.
- Put on paper towels to remove the excess oil.
- Serve warm with apple sauce and/or Vegan sour cream.
- Bon Appetit!