Recipe by Jing Corpse
This is an easy garlic sticks recipe that can be eaten together with some soup, a pasta dinner an even by themselves. This is healthy too. This was taken from vegweb.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- soy cheese
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine (melted)
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the yeast with the lukewarm water until the yeast is dissolved. Add the salt and vegetable oil. Stir, then add the flour, and mix together. Knead dough with hands and add your choice amount of oregano, basil, and garlic powder. Knead these into the dough until it has reached your preferred taste. Put dough on a pizza stone, or a cookie sheet and roll it out like a pizza. After it is flat cut it into bread stick shapes. Put it in the oven for 5 minutes.
- While it is cooking in the oven for 5 minutes take your melted margarine and mince the garlic into it. Stir.
- After the bread has been cooking for 5 minutes take it out and spread the margarine and garlic mixture on top of the sticks with a brush. Then spread your desired amount of soy cheese on top.
- Put bread back in the oven for 10 more minutes. Then broil for 2 minutes.
- Take out of oven and enjoy!