Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious! I estimated the measurements by checking out various recipes for other non-vegan waffles and subbed the eggs for mashed banana and the flavor was wonderful. Best with fresh berries and real maple syrup.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups soymilk
- 1 large banana, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a large measuring cup, mix the wet ingredients. Pour the wet into the dry and blend using a hand mixer on a low setting until you get a smooth batter.
- Heat a waffle iron and spray with oil. Pour in the batter and cook until it stops steaming and the waffles are browned.
These are fabulous. I usually like anything AJO likes, and she's definitely right here. I feel stupid admiting it, but I didn't have any whole wheat flour in the house. I did use up all my flax, about 3/4 of a cup of it, and the rest was all white flour. I also may have used a tad more banana than called for. The kids and I ate them with a drizzle of chocolate sauce for a wonderful banana/chocolate combination. Thanks!
Love this recipe! So tasty. I even added cocoa and made a chocolate version which was so tasty!
I loved these! Just a hint of banana and a hit of nuttiness -- it was perfect. I substituted spelt for the whole wheat flour and it turned out great. It made about 12 on my waffle maker. A perfect amount for the four of us. I love that these are healthy and I love how these taste. My new favorite!