Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I Defy those who say Vegan Foods are Bland and Boring! Try My Veganized Version of the Betty Crocker Recipe and I will make a believer out of you!!! P.S. You will need to refer to my "Vegan White Chocolate!" Recipe to make the White Chocolate unless you are one of the lucky ones to have found commercial white chocolate.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup earth balance vegan margarine, softened (or other Vegan Butter)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg substitute (1 TBSP of the Powder & 3 TBSP of Water)
- 2 tablespoons applesauce (Trust Me!)
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate, -you can use 2 batches of my vegan white chocolate also posted on this website. chop into 1/4-1/2 in (Remember, for this recipe to remain Vegan, the White Chocolate needs to be Vegan)
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat sugars, butter, shortening, egg replacer, applesauce & vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda & salt until mix completely
- Stir in Vegan White Chocolate & Macadamia Nuts.
- Drop dough by Tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove Cookies from sheet and put on wire rack or big plate and let cool (They need time to cool down so they set).
- ENJOY YOUR DELICIOUS VEGAN TREAT!
- TOLD YOU SO!