Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
After becoming Vegan 6 Months ago, I have been on the look-out for Vegan White Chocolate with no prevail. But I found a recipe online and modified it a little and here you go, the ever elusive VEGAN WHITE CHOCOLATE!!! (You can eat it as a bar or chop it up and use it in Vegan White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies- My Recipe will be posted soon!) P.S. You can find all of the ingredients at Whole Foods!
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa butter (Cacao Butter is the same thing, just make sure it's vegan)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy powdered milk (not to be confused with Soy Protein, Very Different)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the Cocoa Butter on the top part of a double boiler (2 sauce pans that are the same size, put a little bit of water for boiling in the bottom one and turn the stove on high, put the Cocoa Butter in the top pan and put the pan on top of the bottom pan and watch it melt).
- Mix the Powdered Sugar with the Soy Milk Powder & salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- When the Butter is done melting, pour it into the powder mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add the Vanilla Extract and mix until smooth.
- Pour into whatever mold you wish (Ice Cube trays work too).
- Put in Fridge and chill until firm.
It says Soy Powdered Milk!! Can people not read! Ugh. Will be trying this soon, sounds nice and simple :)
I haven't tried this recipe, mostly because powdered milk isn't vegan. Why is powdered milk listed on a vegan recipe?