Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fluffy white cake.
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon golden flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond milk, flax meal and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for at least 5 minutes so the mixture thickens.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl whisk together sugar, canola oil, vanilla extract, salt and almond extract. Now whisk in the flax mixture until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl containing the wet ingredients and whisk together until just incorporated and the lumps are eliminated.
- Pour mixture into the cake pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for about an hour then transfer to a cake rack to cool completely.