Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried these, but the word on the street is that they are excellent vegan and gluten free cookies. A nice plus? You can eat the dough without worrying about raw eggs. :) From theppk.com
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Sift together oat flour, soda and salt.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the flax meal and soymilk.
- Add sugar, vanilla and oil and mix until well combined.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet, leaving about 1 1/2 inches between cookies.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly on the pan, then remove with a spatula and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
Man I love me some Veganomicon! This is a family fave at our house. Made exactly per recipe, it rocks. Add a teaspoon of CHOCOLATE extract in addition to the vanilla and it takes it to a new level. Super. Thanks for bringing it over.
I was checking on zaar to see if this recipe was posted or not - low and behold, one of my favourite cookie recipes. This is also in Veganomicon. I've made this a number of times now and really like it. They have quite a bit of sugar, I just use organic sugar for the entire 3/4 cup, haven't tried to replace with any sugar subs yet (doesn't sound like great results from reviews). I had a happy mistake once and miscounted the flour (talking while baking...you know how that goes sometimes). Even tho I messed up and missed at least 1/2 a cup of the flour, they were still delicious (albeit fragile) cookies. My kids like this recipe best so for me it's a dependable one to have on hand, Thanks for posting Roosie!
I have to say that I was disapointed with these cookies. I was so super excited at the thought of grinding my own oat flour. I had some oat groats in the pantry, so that's what I did. I opted to se raw honey instead of the sugars. I've used that in many othe recipes before though without a problem. To save them I added some of Bob's gluten free all purpose baking mix. That helped a lot.