Recipe by Lanie J
Trust me - they taste better than they sound! I like these because they don't turn out like cake the way many vegan brownie recipes do. Be sure to read the ingredients on the semi-sweet chocolate chips to avoid milk fat if you want to keep them vegan.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sweet rice flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegan butter, melted plus
- vegan butter, for greasing pans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat 1 cup water and 1/4 cup sweet rice flour in a saucepan until it forms a paste. Set aside to cool.
- Mix remaining cup of Sweet Rice Flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Stir in vanilla and melted vegan butter.
- Stir in sugar and Flour/water paste, then chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased 9"x13" pan and bake approx 45min*.
- My oven is from the 1940's so it's always an adventure when it comes to baking times.