Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
from La Dolce Vegan
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, bran, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir remaining ingredients till gently mixed.
- Spoon into muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
Turned out AWESOME! I did add half an apple diced up to mine just to add some more nutrients! Love it! :)
MAKE THESE MUFFINS! Amazingly good. I cut the sugar down to only 1/4 cup because I used sweetened vanilla soy milk (costco brand). -- they were plenty sweet. I used chopped walnuts instead of sunflower seeds and used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1/3 regular. These would be great with dried cranberries or any other additions as well. I made mini muffins and baked for 15 minutes.
Excellent recipe-- produced moist, craveable muffins. I made a few mods based on what I had on hand: --Substituted soy milk for rice milk --Used an extra 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 oil instead of apple sauce --added scant 1/2 cup wheat germ