Recipe by Enjolinfam
This pizza is so delicious and pretty to serve that my guests always love this pizza and don't feel it's missing anything by being vegan. I used Sue L's Pizza Sauce and our Healthy Italian Breadsticks or Pizza Crust for the crust. Preparation and cooking time includes time to make Healthy Italian Breadsticks or Pizza Crust for the pizza.
- 2 medium prepared pizza crust, I used Healthy Italian Breadsticks or Pizza Crust - see description above
- 15 ounces pizza sauce, I used Pizza Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 3 cups vegan mozzarella cheese (I use Lisanatti's Almond Mozzarella style cheese but you can use something like Veggie Shreds Mozzar) or 3 cups vegan mozzarella cheese (I use Lisanatti's Almond Mozzarella style cheese but you can use something like Veggie Shreds Mozzar)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, sliced (I like to use cherry tomatoes)
- 1 yellow squash (you can even use both zucchini and squash if you want) or 1 -2 zucchini, cut into 1/8-inch rounds (you can even use both zucchini and squash if you want)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 small orange bell pepper, diced
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- If using Recipe #252423 for the crust, wait until the crusts have baked for 20 minutes and then add and arrange all of the toppings (if using a different pizza crust, then follow the directions for that pizza crust).
- Spread pesto sauce and then pizza sauce over pizza dough. Sprinkle half of the vegan cheese all over sauce. Arrange tomatoes, and yellow squash or zucchini, over pizza. Scatter onion and bell pepper over vegetables. Sprinkle on the other half of the vegan cheese. Scatter on mushrooms, olives, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Put the pizza back in the oven to cook for about 10 more minutes.