Recipe by cakeinmyface
This is very yummy. Sometimes I cheat and use frozen veggie dumplings. My husband likes this too. I pretty much add any veggie that's in the fridge.
Top Review by RSL
This is for the dumplings only, as I did not make the casserole. I wanted to make chicken dumpling soup, but my husband is allergic to egg and dairy, so I couldn't use most dumpling recipes. The dumplings in this recipe worked well for what I needed. I found I did not need to add very much water at all to get a soft dough. Once I broke the dough into tiny pieces and dropped it into the boiling broth, I let the soup cook another 30 minutes, which seemed perfect. Thanks for this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- 500 g baby potatoes
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 150 g of closed cup mushrooms
- 1 leek
- 1 teaspoon marmite
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 vegetable stock, cube
- 175 ml rose wine or 175 ml white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup soya margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- I like to chop up the veggies into chunky strips and slice everything chunky. I cut the garlic into halves.
- I only have a medium sized frying pan, so I fry the veggies in batches. Heat up the oil in the pan on a very high heat and throw in the potatoes shaking the pan so that they get golden on different sides. This usually takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Then throw in the onion and garlic cook for a further 2 minutes. If your pan is big enough, throw in the veggies one by one giving a couple of minutes in between each one to let the flavours develop. If your pan isn't big enough, empty the contents periodically into a large casserole dish.
- Once you have fried all your veggies, put all into a large casserole dish.
- Set your oven to gas mark 6.
- In a jug put the glass of wine, soy sauce, marmite, mixed herbs and stock cube. Add some boiling water, approx enough to just meet level of veggies in casserole dish. Add the cornstarch and stir it in thoroughly. Pour over the veggies in the casserole dish. Cover with foil and put in the oven.
- Shile this is in oven, make the dumplings: Rub the soya margarine into the flour, salt and pepper until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add a little water and turn into a light sticky dough. Make into little or big balls. Put on top of casserole and cover up with foil. Let it it cook covered for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove foil and let cook for a further ten minutes.