1/1 Photo of Vegan Vegetable Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 hr 30 mins
I wanted to make stuffed peppers and a lot of recipes I saw mainly involved rice, but I wanted something lower in those "bad carbs". My recipe is packed with veggies and tasty goodness. Warning: This makes a lot! I needed a recipe to feed me and a couple other people for a few days. This could be great if you're serving a lot of people!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1 carrot, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1 celery rib, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) package Boca meatless ground burger
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (don't drain)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the crumbles and sautee until defrosted. Add the garlic and onins and cook until the onions have softened. Next, add the rest of the chopped vegetables, the can of diced tomatoes and seasonings. Stir well to combine and cover loosely.
- 2In a small sauce pan, make the rice.
- 3Cut the bell peppers in half, from top to bottom. Remove the stems, seeds and membranes. Rinse out the insides.
- 4Grease the bottom of 2 9X13 baking dishes and arrange the peppers to fit, cut side up.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 6When the rice is done, mix it with the vegetables. By now, they should be tender and simmering.
- 7Scoop the mixture into each pepper and spoon the tomato sauce over the top. Sprinkle on some extra herbs over the top for some added flavor, or a slice of white soy cheese.
- 8Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until the peppers have cooked thru. Goes great with my Pull-Apart Garlic Bread recipe and side salad.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Vegetable Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.0
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 195.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Boca meatless ground burger