Recipe by tendollarwine
I wanted to make stuffed peppers and a lot of recipes I saw mainly involved rice, but I wanted something lower in those "bad carbs". My recipe is packed with veggies and tasty goodness. Warning: This makes a lot! I needed a recipe to feed me and a couple other people for a few days. This could be great if you're serving a lot of people!
Top Review by Chicopee
These were by far the best stuffed peppers I've ever had. Wow...what a fun meal. Only made one small change...mixed the tomato sauce with some tomato soup (my grandmother use to use only tomato soup so it was my compromise). Will have these often....no doubt about it.
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1 carrot, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1 celery rib, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) package Boca meatless ground burger
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (don't drain)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the crumbles and sautee until defrosted. Add the garlic and onins and cook until the onions have softened. Next, add the rest of the chopped vegetables, the can of diced tomatoes and seasonings. Stir well to combine and cover loosely.
- In a small sauce pan, make the rice.
- Cut the bell peppers in half, from top to bottom. Remove the stems, seeds and membranes. Rinse out the insides.
- Grease the bottom of 2 9X13 baking dishes and arrange the peppers to fit, cut side up.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- When the rice is done, mix it with the vegetables. By now, they should be tender and simmering.
- Scoop the mixture into each pepper and spoon the tomato sauce over the top. Sprinkle on some extra herbs over the top for some added flavor, or a slice of white soy cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until the peppers have cooked thru. Goes great with my Pull-Apart Garlic Bread recipe and side salad.