Vegetarian Network Austin's Note:
This recipe is from member Woody Raine's profile which was featured in our February/March 2001 newsletter.
My Private Note
pot of ...
Units: US | Metric
Browned Tofu (if including)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 -2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 -3 carrots, sliced
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (or whole tomatoes and dice them)
- 6 -8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth or 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 stalks celery, sliced (optional)
- 1 -2 stalk broccoli, cut up (optional)
- 1 -2 potato, diced (depending on size) (optional)
- 1/2 cup noodles or 1/2 cup spaghetti or 1/2 cup barley
- 15 ounces kidney beans
- 1Browned Tofu (if including):.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Mix all ingredients.
- 4Bake on an oiled cookie sheet for 15 minutes, turning the cubes after the first 10 minutes.
- 6In a large soup pot, add all ingredients.
- 7Turn on the heat, add oil, garlic, onion, zucchini, and carrots and saute until the onions are almost tender.
- 8Add tomatoes, water, broth or basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- 9Add optional vegetables, if using.
- 10Bring to a boil.
- 11Add pasta or barley.
- 12Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 13Add beans and tofu, if using.
- 14Serve when thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 733.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: