Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Yes! It really is vegan pot pie! Try any veggies.
Make and share this Vegan Vegetable Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup soft margarine
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or use 2 cups of broth and omit the soy milk)
- 1 cup soymilk
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 cup carrot
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- extra melted margarine (for brushing crust)
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Heat veggie broth in a pot until it starts to boil.
- Add cumin and lower heat to medium.
- Add flour slowly and stir until thickened. Lower heat to low and let sit.
- Cook veggies if they are raw.
- To make crust:.
- Mix flour and salt together in bowl.
- Cut in margarine until dough looks crumbly.
- Stir in water.
- Roll dough into a ball.
- Divide in half.
- Roll out half of the dough until large enough to line a 9 inch pie plate.
- Roll out second half and set aside.
- Fill pie shell with veggies and potatoes. Make sure you cut your potatoes small enough so that they cook all the way- do not cook them before hand. Cut them no bigger than one inch.
- Pour thickened broth over veggies and cover with top layer of crust, making sure to seal tightly.
- Put on middle rack in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until top of the crust has lightly browned.
- To prevent the outer crust from burning and the center being undercooked, cover the outside edges of the crust with aluminum foil. Take it off the last 15 minutes of baking.