1/4 Photos of Vegan Vanilla Cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups whole spelt flour (plus extra for dusting pan)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil (plus extra for oiling pan) or 1/3 cup coconut oil (plus extra for oiling pan)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup rice milk or 1 cup almond milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly oil a 9-inch cake pan and dust with flour.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, sift together the the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, syrup, zest, vanilla, and milk until completely combined and smooth.
- 5Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry, mixing until just smooth. Do not overmix, which will make the cake tough. The batter should not be runny.
- 6Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake on center rack of oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes before delicately removing from pan. Cool completely before icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Vanilla Cake
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.2
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: